[TriLUG] Fully OT: Time to leave TWCBC? was: Re: semi-OT: mail relaying broken for other time warner customers?

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 24 13:34:25 EDT 2015

> AFAIK it's basically just a QoS-like thing.  Business Class packets are
> prioritized in the local segment.  I could tell a difference back when I
> first switched from residential to BC, but that was when I lived in a
> high-density area (an apartment complex).  Now that I live in a relatively
> low-density area, there may be no noticeable difference.  If a 50/5 package
> gives me even a 15/2.5 equivalent service during peak times, it's a better
> deal (customer service notwithstanding).

That's what I keep hearing (that it's QoS-like), but they don't mention it
anywhere on their website or in any literature.  I just keep reading it on
Internet forums (so it must be true!!!)

Usually at least TWC will *say *that business packets get priority, but the
don't even do that.

While I'd love to know what they are doing for academic reasons, what I
really want to know is if there is a statement on their website or anywhere
else saying that BC service actually gets packet prioritization...