[TriLUG] OT: RasPi NAS?

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat May 16 10:54:04 EDT 2015

I run Debian with ZFSonLinux <http://zfsonlinux.org/>.

I will caution you that I feel like 8GB and a Core i3 are minimum for ZFS.

With a 2.5Ghz Core 2 Duo and 8GB RAM it took me 4 DAYS to rebuild my 8 disk
zpool.  With a Core i5 and 16GB RAM it took 20 hrs.

Also if you're looking at FreeNAS perhaps you should try NAS4Free instead;
it's the fork based on the original FreeNAS project.  Both are FreeBSD
based.

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
pager:   (919) 869-1744
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."