[TriLUG] OT: RasPi NAS?

David Both via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat May 16 11:31:50 EDT 2015

I have a Lenovo ix2-dl enclosure for NAS, that I purchased at Intrex. I paid
about $89 for it as I recall, and they are currently on sale at Intrex for about
$80, and on Amazon for $63.

It runs a version of Linux and I am still getting software updates for it from
Lenovo. I have found that it works very well and supports all of the main
protocols, NFS, SMB, and FTP. I installed two 320GB hard drives that are
initialized by the internal software to a single 550GB volume.

It also has a nice web-based interface and downloadable Linux management
software that performs the same functions as the web interface. I just use the
web interface.

It just works.