[TriLUG] OT: Tablet Recommendations

Roger Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat May 16 12:59:54 EDT 2015

Check-out Nook HD of still available. Great for reading - fantastic resolution. Possible downside is Barnes & Noble might dump it and support might be lacking.

I'm getting rid of an ASUS TF300T on eBay: to much crapware, making it slow for surfing. But, okay as an ebook reader. Falling back to a netbook.

On May 16, 2015 12:21:59 PM EDT, Alan Sterger via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>Hello Listers,
>
>I'm considering buying a tablet.
>
>Assume Android based.  Main usage will be reading technical documents
>away from my desk, PDFs mostly, with some web browsing. Wi-Fi only is
>fine, but perhaps with some removable storage that can be plugged into
>PC or laptop.
>
>Open to most suggestions/price points.
>
>Thanks for your input,
>
>-- Alan Sterger
>
>--
>This message was sent to: Roger <rogerb at bronord.com>

Roger Broseus
www.bronord.com
(This email was composed on an Android device. Please excuse predictive-text induced tiepos.)