[TriLUG] OT: Tablet Recommendations

Alan Sterger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat May 16 14:01:35 EDT 2015

I used an early Kindle.  Reading PDFs was difficult as the Kindle would
not reflow text even if used in horizontal/landscape mode, leaving
unused whitespace in the margins.  Resultant print was too small to read
comfortably.  Plus early B/W only Kindle used drop shadow that made its
"experimental" web browser look hideous.  Thus, I don't want a 100%
eReader.

Looking for a tablet with color that does an excellent job at displaying
PDFs in horizontal/landscape as wide as the margins allow and can browse
the web, reproduce web images in color. Thinking I might need at least
an 8" tablet to accomplish....

Thanks again for your thoughts, suggestions,

Alan Sterger