[TriLUG] OT: Tablet Recommendations

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat May 16 14:39:43 EDT 2015

I know you said android based, but I would suggest looking at the iPad before you commit.  I am NOT a fan of Apple products in general but I did inherit a first generation iPad and I'm quite fond of it.  I use it for email, general web browsing, Tapatalk, games, and as a kindle reader.

There are some quirks like not natively having file support but a $5 app took care of that.  There is the Apple TLS vs proper port bug for email.  The VPN function does work but hook some fiddling.

Sent from my iPad