[TriLUG] OT: Tablet Recommendations

James Jones via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat May 16 15:00:57 EDT 2015

Alan,

If a 7 inch screen would do for you, check out the Samsung Tab 3. I
received one from sprint last year. Compared to an earlier Viewsonic I had,
it is truly a gem.

I stayed away from the samsung apps and have gone with most of the free
android apps.

I have at least 3 pdf readers on the tab 3.  I read all sorts of pdf's on
it. Even the 1936 Radio Amateurs handbook.

The tab 3 has a micro-sd slot and can accept a 64gb micro-sd card. My
tablet has the cellular modem, but I rarely use that since there are so
many available wifi sites around. The non-cellular type sells on amazon for
around 140 dollars.

jcj --- KK4VUS

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Alan Sterger via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org
> wrote:

> Hello Listers,
>
> I'm considering buying a tablet.
>
> Assume Android based.  Main usage will be reading technical documents away
> from my desk, PDFs mostly, with some web browsing. Wi-Fi only is fine, but
> perhaps with some removable storage that can be plugged into PC or laptop.
>
> Open to most suggestions/price points.
>
> Thanks for your input,
>
> -- Alan Sterger
>
> --