[TriLUG] OT: RasPi NAS?

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat May 16 17:08:36 EDT 2015

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 12:41 PM, C TC via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> Thanks all.
>
> Some excellent starting points in here. My plan is to limit power
> consumption, while offering media to
> our XBMC devices/Android phones. At the moment, one mini-itx HTPC machine
> is acting as a server.
> Unfortunately, as you know, it has to be powered on to serve ... darn
> electricity!
>
> John,
> Thanks for the write up. Seems straight-forward enough for my usage.
>
> David,
> If the Lenovo box didn't require match HDD's, I would pick one up today.

      I myself use a Synology 212j at home. In principle it is on the
same lines of the Lenovo ix2-dl, probably not as nice for it is very
old an donly has one ethernet port. But, it can handle unmatched
drives as this is how you upgrade the raid size (put one larger drive,
let it rebuild, then add second larger drive).