[TriLUG] Bye bye Tiger

Tim Jowers via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jun 1 08:13:17 EDT 2015

Td prices are about ame as newegg. Store folks didnt even know how to hook
up multiple hdmi inputs into one. Product i eventually found there suxked.
Bought similar at ace hardware by house and it works.

One thing these china direct companies need to do is to add their own qa
value add. I cant buy certain stuff from china mart due to early failures.
Add in the hour or two of frustration and better to buy premium. Guess
thats why apple does so well.

Td mgs have no vision. Why is the linux certified hardwarw section? Heck,
their hdmi swithbox didnt even work reliably. I guess successful companies
lose sight of their market and their business.

There is so much td could have done to promote linix. Radio stupid too. If
they would have comsulted with some open source gurus and taken action then
the world could be very different and them rocking. Hell, partwrship with
redhat for server and canonical for consumer was a no brainer but shack
tried to re.sell phones and td just sell hardware with zero value add.

Tim