[TriLUG] Micro/Stick PC

Lee Fickenscher via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jun 1 10:25:48 EDT 2015

Hey LUG,
I need a micro/stick PC for a project with basically no lead time.
I'd prefer a stick format with male HDMI out for direct connection to a TV.
It has to have network, wired preferred.
It has to arrive quickly (like Amazon Prime quick) in ready-to-use
condition.
Linux preferred (OT achieved!) but not required.
It just needs to run a web browser (no smart guys, links does not count :)
to feed pages to a TV for an informational display.

I planned on using the browser in a smart TV but that has proven too
unstable for 24/7 use in both brands that I've tried (Samsung and Sharp).

Any suggestions?

TIA!
-Lee