[TriLUG] Plop Linux

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jun 1 10:28:35 EDT 2015

Before I purged my computer inventory of any device that would not boot from USB, I used to use PLOP Boot Manager to boot from USB.  It boots to a cd and redirect to USB. It was quite convenient. I did not know PLOP had a Linux.
My favorite for small and super flexible Linux is Tiny Core. There is a bit of a learning curve to customize it, but it is incredibly useful. Currenntly I am running it on some old HP Thin Clients. Since it loads completely in memory, it is lightning fast, but you are limited by how much software you can run because they are low on Memory. Tiny Core is also has a R-Pi version, although it seems immature. I have not tested it.
Thanks for the tip on PLOP Linux, I will check it out.
John Vaughters