[TriLUG] cut the TV cable

Scott Sexton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jun 30 08:30:47 EDT 2015

I've been using a Mohu Leaf antenna for a few years now (
http://www.amazon.com/Mohu-Leaf-Paper-Connectors-Materials/dp/B004QK7HI8)
 and it works great.  I attach it to an old amplifier I had from a previous
indoor antenna.  The amp only improves the signal a little bit, so you
would probably be fine without it, depending on where you live.  I live in
Cary, but my TV is on the bottom floor and the yard slopes up enough to
block a lot of my signal, so I'm not getting a lot of channels at the
moment.  But PBS comes in clear as a bell and I also get ABC, FOX and I
think CBS.