[TriLUG] cut the TV cable

William Sutton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jun 30 10:00:22 EDT 2015

I cut my satellite dish.  used to be a big sports fan, etc.  between the
amount of time I was spending on it (4 hours a night) and the amount of
commercials I was watching in that time (easily 50% on DirecTV), I'm not
convinced I lost much.

With the money I saved, I definitely didn't lose much.

We still have the TV, and sometimes watch movies, but more often it's
books or surfing the 'net.

The longer I'm away from it, the less I miss it, and not having to bother
with maintaining a media system simplifies my life.

FWIW.

William Sutton