[TriLUG] cut the TV cable

C TC via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jun 30 09:45:20 EDT 2015

That you acquired through piracy. :)

LOL!

With Kodi, you can choose to install/enable/disable any plugins
that are ... let's say, "borderline(?)".  You can also enable DVR
functionality to either a local drive, or NAS.

The small TV Boxes have most options pretty much dialed
out of the box. Mine has optical & 3.5mm audio out, which
I had to have (optical) for my receiver. File sharing and
sync are easy to setup. Having a processor that handles
streaming large files was a must, and it plays everything
I've thrown at it ... keeping in mind that I do not have 4K (yet).

I know I'll get blasted for it; but I've borrowed & tested
the Pipo Window$ box, and it's not bad. Should you want
to go that route.

As soon as my Direct TV deal is over, I'll move to the
TV boxes and subscribe to our favorite channels/streaming
services. I'm a huge MLB fan, and keeping my fingers
crossed that their streaming service gets better this year.

One suggestion I'd make is to browse the Freaktab.com forum.
Weird name, great site though. I went through multiple TV dongle
devices until settling on the box version. This site made the difference.