[TriLUG] cut the TV cable

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jun 30 10:15:14 EDT 2015

One additional point regarding OTA.  There are some very helpful
websites for setting up your antenna.  If you type "OTA signal locator"
into google you will find several.  Antennaweb.org is a good example.
If you enter the general location of your home, these sites will show
you where each nearby TV transmitter's antenna is located with respect
to your house along with how close it is.  They show this graphically
using fairly detailed plots.

I ordered an inexpensive HDTV antenna and hung it from a post in our
attic, then used these graphs to aim it as closely as possible to the
signals we wanted.  The results were rather good.

  Scott C.