[TriLUG] cut the TV cable

Tim Jowers via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 1 09:50:10 EDT 2015

Here's the antenna I have. Get 31 channels in Wake Forest. Was $50. Not all
are perfect but many are.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8203587&srkey=D219-1074
Looks to be identical to the Amazon link earlier; but TD image shows two
units (each unit has 2 arrays).
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FVVKQM/
I can pick up the UNC channels better if position differently; so, need
another one. I read combining is not an issue with digital. Also, in attic
which is reflective coated in rafters but doesn't seem to affect signal
reception.

Would buy another if I can learn what adapter will work with MythTV?
Anyone know what card or usb adapter I can buy which will work with MythTV
or other Linux TV recording software?

Thanks!
Tim