[TriLUG] xargs guide

Danielle via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jul 30 22:59:15 EDT 2015

Nice guide. I had never thought about the --max-lines issue but I
looked again why and I see that by using -I it protected me from my own
ignorance: that option implies --max-lines=1.

My most common use of it is with find on my home desktop to do basic
processing of images from my DSLR. I use --max-procs=3 with ImageMagick
convert to do auto-orient and create 1/3 size and thumbnail copies (a
small awk program then creates a trivial HTML table page to display the
thumbnails and links to the larger images.)

Danielle

Danielle at whitrel.com
http://danielle-white.info/