[TriLUG] suggestions for uploading many gigs of video

Pete Soper via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 23 22:05:44 EDT 2015

I have exactly this problem (spending fractional days while torturing
the rest of the house to death), and Handbrake tuned to Youtube
parameters to compress the files before upload is very helpful. I
convert .mts files to .mp4 files and for the most recent example the
compression ratio was about four to one.
-Pete