[TriLUG] suggestions for uploading many gigs of video

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 23 22:06:32 EDT 2015

If your camera make .mts files, that is probably HD h.264 transport
streams, not MPEG2, but transport streams can be null-stripped if they are
padded.

If not, you may want to try running them through Handbrake
<https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php>.

It has Debian/Ubuntu packages and a great GUI, but also has a nice CLI
interface.

-Wes

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
pager:   (919) 869-1744
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."