[TriLUG] suggestions for uploading many gigs of video

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 24 06:28:06 EDT 2015

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015, Jeremy Davis via TriLUG wrote:

> Compression sounds like a good idea and I could probably figure out a way
> to compress multiple files at once. My camera makes .MTS format files.
> Hopefully that will convert to MP4.

This changes a 4G MTS file to 700M of mp4. The resulting mp4 works in a webpage
when viewed by chrome, firefox and safari.

Joe

-----

$ more /usr/bin/mts2mp4.sh

#! /bin/bash

#$1 is filestem

#converts MTS to mp4 file

input=$1.MTS
output=$1.mp4

#http://superuser.com/questions/750811/convert-avi-into-h-264-that-works-inside-an-html5-v
ideo-tag

ffmpeg -i $input -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p $output

touch -r $input $output

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml