[TriLUG] mostly OT: Tech Lobbyist

Tim Jowers via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 25 09:16:52 EDT 2015

That's a good point Steve. I sometimes wonder if a large contract to add
spyware as in winblows would be enough to fund a distro into becoming #1. I
really wonder if RedHat has been forced to go this road as well. I'm sure
everyone knows about the "emergency" features in mobile devices etc.

Hi Danielle,

  Certainly I view Windows as more risky. :-)  But I get your point.
Certainly doing something new to oneself is considered risky. It is ironic
to hear someone say they are concerned with budgets but they also spend
millions (tens of millions, hundreds of millions?) on products which have
much cheaper equivalents.

Thanks,
Tim