[TriLUG] A sad comment on our culture

Scott Lambdin via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Oct 13 13:09:19 EDT 2015

Isn't saying "You people are so lowly that I don't even want to be
associated with you or interact with you in any way." sort of a verbal
attack?  Especially when said while running out the door?

I don't believe in religion but, yes, we can see a splinter in the eye of
our brother but not a log in our own.

--Scott

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org
> wrote:

> I hate to say this but sometimes I wonder if the problem with Linux today
> isn't Linus himself.  I think he goes out of his way to be polarizing on
> issues where it is not necessary.  Thankfully it seems less and less people
> are taking the things he says as pure gospel.
>
> Look I can understand passionate.  But passionate is not an excuse for
> crass and rude.  There are ways to express your dislike for someone or
> something and still keep it classy.  Leave the name calling drama for the
> reality TV stars.
>
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG <
> trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 12 Oct 2015, Steve Litt via TriLUG wrote:
> >
> > He was abused as a child by Andrew Tannenbaum. The cycle continues :-)
> >>

> > :-)
> >
> > when I look at the complexity and size of the kernel and lack of interest
> > in maintaining backward compatibility (all code within a kernel family
> > should interoperate and a kernel family should havea life of at least
> > 10yrs), I think Andrew was right about Linus' kernel
> >
> > Joe
> >
> >  -- Joseph Mack NA3T EME(B,D), FM05lw North Carolina
> > jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
> > map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
> > Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!
> > --
> > This message was sent to: Ken M. <ken at mack-z.com>