[TriLUG] OT: Looking for better home router

Scott Miller via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Oct 16 17:19:20 EDT 2015

Here are some older pics. I was using Debian, but am now trying pfsense:

http://imgur.com/a/OEN9C

It's an Atom dual core cpu D2700, 4GB ram, dual gig broadcom nics, usb
3.0, fanless and silent.

Board ($25 used, from craigslist incl ram):

http://www.jwele.com/motherboard_detail.php?1133

Steel case ($37.50 new, amazon when available):

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Box-M350-Universal-Mini-ITX-Computer/dp/B005TX3LA4/

I have replaced the pictured 2.5" drive with a 16G msata drive I had
laying around for pfsense.

This box is super low power, fast, and silent!

iperf test shows 943 Mbits/sec throughput