[TriLUG] OT: Looking for better home router

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Oct 16 20:24:36 EDT 2015

I use this Intel D2500CCE board with pfSense:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MS9OI2

I like it because it has dual Intel Gigabit NICs.  I'm sure Broadcom and
Realtek chips are fine, but Intel's seem to be very well supported and have
low overhead under BSD (pfSense) and Linux.

I also like the Intel Z-U130 USB-header SLC flash drives
<http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XZ-U130.TRS0&_nkw=Z-U130&_sacat=0>
that
screw into these boards.  Hard to be $2/each on eBay.

-Wes

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
pager:   (919) 869-1744
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."