[TriLUG] Books that inspired us

Mike Perry via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Oct 21 13:33:22 EDT 2015

I feel like I have a lot. I read so much growing up.

(Just a list, not a ranking)

1. Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson
Definitely one of my favorite cyber punk books of all time. If I could be
Hiro Protagonist, I think I would.

2. A Farewell to Arms - Ernest Hemingway
I read this in 8th grade, and it changed me as a reader. Prior to that I
was reading kid fiction and it opened my eyes to a wider world of books.

3. Lord of the Rings - Tolkien
Does anything even need to be said?

4. The Elric Saga - Michael Moorcock
I have a love and fascination of anti-heroes. The Elric Saga is great. If
you haven't read it, I highly, highly suggest it.

5. Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The greatest detective in history. Who doesn't love Sherlock? Such
interesting stories and there were so many.

Now I need to re-read these as it has been too long.