[TriLUG] Best attached storage

Roger Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Dec 10 11:17:19 EST 2015

I used a SanDisk low profile thumb drive as a backup device for photos during a trip this summer. Convenient and so small that I just left it plugged in all the time. (No loss in the laundry. These things are rest to lose, being so small.) Cheaper by the gigabyte - $11 for 33 GB at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00812F7O8/ref=twister_B00JO6RO8C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

On December 10, 2015 9:58:39 AM EST, Grawburg via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>My Thinkpad T61 has a small HDD, which is fine for what I do. I have a
>1TB NAS available that I connect to via wireless when I need it.
>I'd like to add local file storage, 128GB would be more than adequate,
>and wonder if a USB flash drive that would always be connected
>is okay.  I don't need super fast access, the files are usually
>LibreOffice files and an occasional MP3.  I simply have no use for 1TB
>so
>I see no need to buy such a large portable drive.  Should I format the
>flash drive?
>

>Thanks,
>Brian Grawburg
>

>--
>This message was sent to: Roger <rogerb at bronord.com>

Roger Broseus
www.bronord.com
(This email was composed on an Android device. Please excuse predictive-text induced tiepos.)