[TriLUG] Anyone pay their raleigh utility bill on line?

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Feb 17 10:33:41 EST 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:21 AM, James Jones via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have tried all morning to login to the raleigh nc utility billing website
> to pay my bill. Each time I try, I receive a message "The system is
> currently unavailable. Please try back again later".
>
> I even tried to retrieve my username & password, but on username, it fails
> on my account number says it is an invalid account number. A number being
> copied directly from my bill.
>
> I called their customer service and was told that I was the only person
> complaining about the website, so it must be my problem. I tried 4

      Translation: we know it is a problem but we plan on quietly
fixing it without admitting it.

      That said, I would have called their tech support and state you
can't login and let them go through their tier 1 checklist. Just
remind them you want their name so if you pay late you want to provide
the name of who made that happen.

> different browsers and received the same results. I even rebooted my ubuntu
> computer ( something I reserve for windows pc's ).
>
> Anyone have a contact to raleigh nc's IT department?

      I was going to suggest to just pay through the phone but it
might be better to come up with the time to go pay in person so you
have a receipt. Not easy to do because of their hours but...