[TriLUG] OT: Job and request for help!

William Sutton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Feb 27 08:57:08 EST 2016

I agree somewhat with Scott on this.  I did see J2EE server admin listed,
but I doubt that's on most people's intial search terms.  I expect most
people are looking for "systems administrator" rather than "J2EE".

It also sounds like a platypus job.  You have web server administration,
J2EE administration, and such.  You also have Content Management System
development and "Design and architect highly available application
infrastructure solutions".  Just reading the description, I see a hybrid
(or, as previously said, platypus) position that requires some or all of
* sysadmin
* systems architect
* software developer

Possibly the position title should be changed to "Systems Engineer" rather
than "Solutions Engineer", assuming this is not solely a sysadmin job.

Also:
1. I see the same skills mentioned in several places (I saw Splunk at
least twice, and I might have seen J2EE three times).  You might want to
focus on combining the skill sets into one concise list.
2. Likewise, I see much verbiage about who does what, where, with whom.  I
think some concision here is also good.

Finally:
I don't know how widely you have posted this job req outside of the UNC
web site.  If you have only posted to the UNC web site, your target
audience is, by definition, those folks who are combing the UNC employment
pages looking for work.  If you want to diversify your audience, posting
it to TriLUG might be a start, but it also helps to post it to places like
Moster, Dice, Indeed, etc.

William Sutton