[TriLUG] OT: Job and request for help!

Lance A. Brown via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Feb 27 23:16:55 EST 2016

Steve Litt via TriLUG wrote on 2/27/2016 3:10 PM:
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 12:27:24 -0500
> "Paul G. Szabady via TriLUG" <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>
>> * Include link(s) to benefits information so that applicants can
>> estimate total compensation package, not just base salary.
>> I may be naive, but this is something I would expect the applicant to
>> do in their investigation of the position and it's entity.
>
> Reread the preceding two sentences, and think about what you're really
> saying.
>
> There are two kinds of technologists: The employed and the unemployed.
> Employed technologists are too busy, and fielding too many offers as it
> is. The last thing they'll spend time on is jumping through hoops that
> could have been replaced by a few links. So the employed technologists
> skip over your posting.

Bullpucky.

Speaking anecdotally, if I were in NC (I'm not), working (I am), and
interested in this position (maybe, if I were in NC), I'd take the time
to track down the information I needed to make an informed decision
about the position before/during the application process.

Don't be so quick to speak for the entire industry.

--[Lance]