[TriLUG] Linux Laptop

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Feb 28 22:30:53 EST 2016

I have had a Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook for several years running Linux. I
assumed it might work well since many of the Chromebooks and Android
devices are made by Samsung, which run Google's variation of Linux. It
still works well and everything just works.

I like it because it is weighs only about 2 pounds. It is thinner than my
smart phone when closed. It does not seem to overheat like the older
laptops, thanks to the SSD I believe.

You can find them on Craigslist between $300-$600.

Jeremy

On Sunday, February 28, 2016, Aaron Cody Weaver via TriLUG <
trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> Great, thanks for letting me know. I can not do that with my current
> financial limit $600 is the most I could do. Thanks for the response
> GLWTS.
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2016, 9:21 PM Mike Canada <mikec at trilug.org <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > I am using a Lenovo T450s and it runs Linux perfectly. I have not found
> > anything yet that did not 'just run' out of the box. It is quite
> > portable, has dual batteries and runs a long time on a charge.
> >

> > On 02/25/2016 04:35 PM, Aaron Cody Weaver via TriLUG wrote:
> > > So I am trying to find a laptop that will be a good portable for linux
> > > sysadmin work.
> > >
> > > I don't want to pay crazy money for a linux laptop like system76.
> > >
> > > I just need a laptop that will handle normal sys admin stuff and will
> > have
> > > everything work correctly not like ones that have bluetooth or webcams
> > that
> > > don't work.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the advise.
> >
> > --