[TriLUG] Geospatial code sprint and NCSU Open Source Geospatial Lab tour

Newcomb, Doug via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Apr 26 15:01:01 EDT 2016

Hi Folks,
Just to make you aware of the Followup Code Sprint after the FOSS4G
You do not have to be signed up for the conference and the cost is Free.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/foss4g-na-2016-code-sprint-unconference-tickets-24264853831

Starts 10:00 AM Friday May 6th, ends 5:00PM Saturday, May 7th

There is also a post-conference tour of the Open Source Geospatial Lab  I
do not think you have to be registered for the conference to attend this
either.( not 100% sure, since I have not registered for it)
http://foss4gna2016.ticketleap.com/ncsu-geo-tour/

Tour is 10 AM Friday May 6th.

In the Lab tour , you will see the tangible GIS system ,
https://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/tangible-landscape.html . All you need
is a computer running GRASS GIS ( Linux and OSX are the primary support
platforms) , a Kinect scanner, a projector, and a landscape that has been
3D printed with some plastic play sand.  ( I was thinking that this might
be a good presentation for a future  trilug meeting)

Doug
--
Doug Newcomb
USFWS