[TriLUG] Weird WiFi router behavior

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jul 26 12:02:05 EDT 2016

I've had non Fruit devices that would NOT connect to an Apple WiFi
Router.  No idea why, but it would only accept connections from other
Apple products.

They are also renown for not using the proper email port / protocol
standards, e.g. TLS over port 25 but instead insist upon using the
submission port.  Now, I am guessing following some update as I did not
change anything on the firewall or server, the devices will not connect
to the email submission port when I am home, but only when I am away
and I can't determine why as the ports all scan as open.

I am really not a fan of Apple devices.  The old joke applies: Linux
does what the user wants, Apple does what Apple wants, windows does
whatever the FSCK it wants.