[TriLUG] Ticket tracking for non-technical customer service

Matthew Frazier via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 27 17:35:23 EDT 2016

Hello,

My employer (not a technology company) is in need of a ticket tracking
solution for customer service. We only have a few CSR's, but tickets are
frequently handled by personnel outside customer service, so the
pay-per-agent model of most SaaS platforms adds up quickly. Which
presents a golden opportunity for a free/open source solution.

Can anyone recommend a ticket tracking system which would work well for
this sort of customer service usecase? It needs to accept tickets both
from CSR's and the general public, assign tickets to specific workgroups
and employees, track correspondence with the customers via email, and
store internal correspondence which is not released to the customers.
Ease of use for agents is the first priority, followed by reliability
and ease of administration. Built-in custom form fields would be ideal,
but if there's an API, we can hook up a Wufoo form or something that
ensures we're collecting all the needed info for each type of incident.

Thanks,
Matthew Frazier