[TriLUG] Interior security camera

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jul 28 12:11:46 EDT 2016

The problem is if they know the camera's go up the skimming will end or get
better, it will change.  But the cool thing is you will get to witness the
Hawkthorne effect first hand.

Just a mention, another option is to contact a PI.  As in Private
Investigator.  Usually the good ones are ex law enforcement.  But they know
how to catch people without them being aware.  They also know a lot about
what is possible in security cameras and how people skim as well as finding
ways to which cashier happens to be getting a windfall.

The cameras might be good for future prevention, but finding the current
culprit the PI solution, although not a tech answer, might be the best.

Of course the camera might find the culprit if they are a really dumb
culprit.

Ken