[TriLUG] Outdoor wifi repeater

Roger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Aug 29 08:42:16 EDT 2016

Are you sure it's a matter of signal strength? RV parks are notorious for having inadequate band width, compounded by users streaming video. I used an extender that worked even in my Airstream, through a window, but not when the pipe for clogged. My fall back was a cellular hot spot.

The price of the item you posted seems much too high. Look around some more. I've seen them on Newegg and Amazon - they are rod shaped. Some come with suction cups for temporary application.

Useful Android apps for signal strength, speed, network monitoring:

    WiFi analyser
    FCC speed
    ezNetScan

Another solution. Thether from your cell phone with EasyThether - Google for it. Works with Linux. Throttle data to avoid charges and use Wi-Fi when available.
--
Roger Broseus

(Please excuse tiepos induzed by the droided predictive text tool.)