[TriLUG] Outdoor wifi repeater

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Aug 29 08:27:43 EDT 2016

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016, Ron Kelley via TriLUG wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> Looking for some suggestions on an outdoor wifi repeater/range extender. Our
> RV campground offers free wifi but the signal is very low at our spot

I use a "sector" antenna plugged into one of the antenna connectors on the wap.

A sector antenna has a beam shaped like a fan. The antennas on cell phone towers
are sector antennas. They are vertical boxes, which produce a horizontal fan
about 60deg wide.

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml