[TriLUG] Laptop Upgrade

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 2 11:18:05 EDT 2016

This is why I like chromebooks for mobile purposes.  Basically gentoo linux
and you can put it in developer mode and install crouton to have a full
debian or ubuntu instance in a chroot alongside ChromeOS.  Plus now with
the addition of the play store coming...

I have an acer R11 with 4gb of ram and the 32gb HD option at present.
There is a new R13 coming out which should be nice as well as the new
Lenovo one with the touch surface keyboard.

Ken