[TriLUG] Network switches

Scott Lambdin via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 14 15:11:53 EDT 2016

Sanity Check:  When Mauricio asked "QoS?" that would refer to the ability
of the switch to guarantee throughput for traffic on certain ports and if
necessary throttle less critical traffic?

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Grawburg via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org>
wrote:

> We have Greenlight fiber and are only a few blocks from their facility.  I
> ran a test and my average download speed was 26.8 Mbps and upload was 22.7.
> QoS is fine.
>
> Since I use a Linux PC and need Web-based interface with the switch.
>
> I'm trying to get a sense of what I might expect -- if anything -- by
> upgrading the 24 port 3Com 3300.

Eat like you give a damn.  Go vegan.