[TriLUG] ssh question

William Sutton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 24 12:22:59 EDT 2016

people also hijack for botnets.  they use open machines as jumping off
points to target other systems so they can't be (easily) traced.

and just because you don't think you've been hacked, doesn't mean you
haven't been.  Ask OPM.  Or Target.  Or the DNC.  Or...

Go read Cliff Stoll's book _The Cuckoo's_Egg.

At the risk of soundy like a grumpy greybeard, this is one more reason I
don't want an IoT.

William Sutton