[TriLUG] Cloud computing

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Nov 7 11:23:59 EST 2016

Right, Dropbox is the solution.

We pay for the Pro "personal" version, and pay extra for the "unlimited
file recovery and version history".  I can't remember how much extra it was.
https://www.dropbox.com/plans?trigger=homepagefoot

It supports encryption.

Dropbox currently syncs a folder across our Debian server, my home Debian
computer, my partner's Mac Pro, my Windows 10 laptop, and our Windows 10
office PC.

It's really pretty amazing technology;  incremental (differential?) syncs
make it very fast, and if you're syncing between computers on the same LAN,
it detects that and syncs between the 2 locally instead of going to the
cloud and back.

We've been pretty happy with it.

-Wes

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."