[TriLUG] Cloud computing

Eric Blau via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Nov 7 12:23:15 EST 2016

Personally, I prefer to use Syncthing <https://syncthing.net/>. Syncthing
is open source and peer-to-peer so your files are not sitting on some cloud
service. Syncthing does incremental syncs, uses encryption, etc. and there
are no limits on storage size since you're using your own storage.

Dropbox has been shown to read
<http://www.infoworld.com/article/2621901/data-security/dropbox-caught-with-its-finger-in-the-cloud-cookie-jar.html>
your
<http://www.tomsguide.com/us/dropbox-libreoffice-honeydocs-amazon-ec2-amazon-s3,news-17549.html>