[TriLUG] ATT gigabit internet quick review

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Dec 6 10:08:26 EST 2016

Hi All,

Just a quick pointer...  If you're choosing your own DNSes, you can use
google code's namebench utility to benchmark  free/open DNS servers to
see which one(s) give the fastest results for your location and service
provider.  I found that while they're easy to remember, google's DNSes
are typically a few rows down in the results for my TWCBC service.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16372/find-a-faster-dns-server-with-namebench/

   Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote