[TriLUG] ATT gigabit internet quick review

Rogers, Matthew via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Dec 6 15:07:21 EST 2016

So in DMZ mode the DMZ device shows the external IP which it pulls via DHCP.  The ATT device just forwards all traffic to that particular port unless it has something in its state table since the ATT router is still running.  I turned off the wireless on the ATT device.  It’s important to note that the ATT device uses a particular subnet 192.168.1.0 or whatever, but prior to the DMZ mode being used – the new router will pull an internal IP prior to configuration of DMZ plus mode.  If you duplicate that subnet you’ll cause a problem during that configuration change.

Matthew Rogers
Senior Security Manager
O: +1.919.329.1130    M: +1.919.691.4636
allscripts.com<http://www.allscripts.com/> | matthew.rogers2 at allscripts <https://twitter.com/Allscripts>