[TriLUG] Modem/Router - dating back 10 20 years

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 7 11:18:11 EST 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Stephen P. Schaefer via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> A project I've been meaning to get around to: take my old POTS modem and
> power it from the wall, attach it to the serial port and watch for DCE
> to drop, at which point I know to start an orderly shutdown sequence,
> since it means I've lost power.

      Now you made me want to have a modem

That also reminds me: i still have my old DSL modems and I've always
wanted to set DSL as may failover from cable. But until i can get a
$20/month plan (without additional cruft like phone and tv and
cloud-operated butt massager), not happening.