[TriLUG] Modem/Router - dating back 10 20 years

Ric Moore via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Mar 8 13:40:40 EST 2017

On 03/07/2017 09:59 AM, mr-trilug via TriLUG wrote:
> I have more than a dozen of these.
>
> Do used devices of this sort have value to anyone?
>
> Or should I take to recycling/trash?

I agree, save them for the Post-Internet world. Same with Dickens
Terminal servers. I had two and powered 8 modems for my BBS with them.
9600 baud using only text/telnet Linux logins rulz. You cannot read any
faster than that. Plus, I still have my MudOS software ready to install.
COLOR ASCII and everything!!

I had the 8 modems, and 8 terminals local, all with users logged in to a
486DX2-66 and everyone enjoyed full speed connect. Ah, the glory days!
One day BBS's will save us all ...again.  :0 Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html