[TriLUG] chromebooks for small biz

Brian Henning via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 28 09:28:54 EDT 2017

Personal anecdote and a couple pennies for the pond:

5) recommendation for chromebook or linux laptop which has its own internet
   connectivity built-in (not requiring another hotspot)? i bought one many years
   ago and still have it - great in the past but insufficient for this task:
   https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNT350P

I have a ThinkPad T60p (the last IBM-branded ThinkPad) with a built-in cellular modem (1x!  woo!).  I haven't seen that as an option in a very long time.  I suspect the ubiquity of handheld devices with a personal-hotspot feature makes it a concern for frightfully few.  USB cellular modems can be had if you have reasons to avoid mobile hotspot devices.