[TriLUG] Public folder on Debian

Brian Grawburg via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 28 14:45:35 EDT 2017

I'm tired of looking at endless suggestions that don't work or don't apply. Help!

Two computers on same network. One running Debian Jessie and mine running Wheezy. I want to share the Public folder on the Jessie machine so that I can periodically grab a file from it to work on. There are no other machines that will need to see the file. Seems simple to me. The Jessie unit gives me no option to 'Share' the folder. Do I need to mount it (/etc/fstab) on my machine? How do I make it shareable on the other unit?

Thanks,

Brian Grawburg

Wilson

Sent from a PC running Debian 8, 64-bit Linux and LibreOffice. (No one needs to use MS Office!)