[TriLUG] OT: Security concern: H&R Block wanted my DL number to do my taxes

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Mar 30 18:58:34 EDT 2017

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017, Thomas Delrue wrote:

> Oh, I am not skeptical about the fraud, *that* I believe... I'm
> skeptical about how asking DLs will prevent that fraud.

I don't get it either.

When I cash my refund check, is the bank supposed to ask for my DL?

What if, like this year, I don't get a refund. Shouldn't they only ask for your
DL if you're being issued a refund?

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml