[TriLUG] OT: Security concern: H&R Block wanted my DL number to do my taxes

William Sutton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Mar 30 19:01:21 EDT 2017

somehow, if people start fraudulently *paying* other people's taxes, maybe
they *will* ask for their driver's license.  I'm not holding my breath.

Now, what I've wondered about for a long time is... what happens when you
give the IRS tax payment routing number (not the refund one) to a Nigerian
scammer...?

William Sutton