[TriLUG] Remote Desktop

Brian Grawburg via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Apr 25 13:47:59 EDT 2017

Our accounting package runs on a Windows XP Home system. (No, cannot change either)

I would like to be able to work from home and connect with my laptop.

Our router is running dd-wrt.

I've sent up SSH and VNC connection to another Linux PC where I work to simply get a few files and run a quick report.

The whole issue of opening ports, etc. is a bit daunting to me...don't want to open a door to a hack (which I already did once, but thankfully it was a good guy who just warned me).

I tried to set-up LogMeIn, but because I running a 64-bit system it wouldn't install properly. Gave up trying.

Wonder about Team Viewer.

Suggestions?

Brian Grawburg

Wilson

Sent from a PC running Debian 8, 64-bit Linux and LibreOffice. (No one needs to use MS Office!)